Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Old News and Preorders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minot 7" Preorder!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:30 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Hes my idol!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:31 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

So if MINѺT isn't named after the once flooded town in North Dakota, why'd you guys decide to call yourselves MINѺT?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:34 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Question for the Minot dudes:

- will you be touring to the southeast this year so we can set up a show and have you crash at HQ afterward?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

Scorrs wrote:
Passive wrote:
Howdy ho neighbor!

How's Miami? I was just in Tampa. I think of Miami, I think of TORCHE!!

Miami is hot. Too hot...19 80+ degree days in January :( haha. How'd Tampa treat you? They have good beers

I think I'm the one person that doesn't really like Torche, I've tried getting into them, seen them live a bunch of times, but still don't really like them too much :(

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Ordered the blue! I'm a sucker for blue. Did it from my phone. Yikes.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Oh, and your definition for The Means Relativize The Ends in the glossary on your website HERE makes me feel good and happy! ;) haha

In the context of contemporary music, why are guilty pleasures and intellectual challenges mutually exclusive? Why, for example, is it so hard for my generation to conceive of Funk in a way that isn’t ripe with the eye-watering stink of Anthony Keidis? Most can barely remember dub and ska in a world unstaind by Sublime. No need to get indignant about it — it’s only music history, right?
Conversely, why do the contemporary musical intelligentsia reserve the category of “experimental” only for those too obscure even to be available to mainstream listeners, let alone dismissed by them. Only the vanguardists of decades past or today’s hermits of deconstructionism seem to qualify. Is it purely the blue-balled erudition of the critic that’s to blame? Or does it have more to do with how profoundly worthless mainstream pop music has become? (see “Meta 4:4”)

Both The Ringing Silence Between Your Ears and The Means Relativize The Ends are both amazing songs (as are all you're songs, but these two tracks particularly) and we're both so glad to have released them together on this 7".

Glad to be working together guys <3

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 pm 
SHEATH CREW

minotband wrote:
Thanks man! We are only too excited and honored to be part of the Sheath. I'm very glad you found the Glossary of Terms on the Minot website as well. Those are fun. As for Torche, FMTM toured with them for a month -- ultra nice dudes -- but I'll agree, I didn't think much of them as a live show... but their albums keep getting better and better - the newest one is SIKH! I guess they're just growing on me. Not as much as the new Baroness record though. I know all those bands are way heavier than us, but I think all 3 of us are suckers for heavy music that's good.

Boom. +1 for yellow & green. But I too, do not like tor he

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

ganaar7575 wrote:
is there any plan of putting An Era of Institutional Failure out on vinyl? No longer buy CDs, as much as I love the whole fucking thing!! Please Joel...do something with these tracks!!!

Maybe someday!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:01 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Beyonce wrote:
Hey Minot do you guys like Destiny's Child?

you got busted lip synching the national anthem at the inauguration of a president. oof.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Passive wrote:
I think I'm the one person that doesn't really like Torche, I've tried getting into them, seen them live a bunch of times, but still don't really like them too much :(

nope, i'm the other dude who doesn't like 'em. they do absolutely NOTHING for me. we can be anti-Torche-bros :lol:

oh, and hey there Minot dudes! where's the beer!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Board index » Old News and Preorders