Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Old News and Preorders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minot 7" Preorder!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Scorrs wrote:
Passive wrote:
Howdy ho neighbor!

How's Miami? I was just in Tampa. I think of Miami, I think of TORCHE!!

YEAH!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Hey, this is Matthew from MINѺT. If you want to write the band name correctly, you have to make the fancy O. "Ѻ" is superior to the regular O. I guess it's called a "Broad-On O" -- doesn't really mean anything... it just helps people understand that we're not referring to the town in North Dakota. So now, what is a boris buck? Is that a real thing, or a joke? As for Jawbreaker, I don't know all of them personally, but I have met Adam the drummer a few times. After Jawbreaker he played with a local band called Whysall Lane with Richard from Versus, with whom FMTM played half a dozen shows with. They were great, but I think they didn't have the ambition to hit the road & go for broke. So most never heard them. Adam was a really sweet guy though. I went to college with Soo Young Park - Seam was fantastic -- so I was really stoked when he moved here and started playing with Ee, who I think put a record out on Asian Man.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

minotband wrote:
Hey, this is Matthew from MINѺT. If you want to write the band name correctly, you have to make the fancy O. "Ѻ" is superior to the regular O. I guess it's called a "Broad-On O" -- doesn't really mean anything... it just helps people understand that we're not referring to the town in North Dakota. So now, what is a boris buck? Is that a real thing, or a joke? As for Jawbreaker, I don't know all of them personally, but I have met Adam the drummer a few times. After Jawbreaker he played with a local band called Whysall Lane with Richard from Versus, with whom FMTM played half a dozen shows with. They were great, but I think they didn't have the ambition to hit the road & go for broke. So most never heard them. Adam was a really sweet guy though. I went to college with Soo Young Park - Seam was fantastic -- so I was really stoked when he moved here and started playing with Ee, who I think put a record out on Asian Man.

Boris bucks is money from Hell

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

Just picked up the blue package! Good lookin' colors!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Guy unaffiliated with the label answer: Boris bucks are our Sheath support loyalty money for being awesome they (the Sheath) are in turn even more awesome and give us cool swag.

I love Asian Man Records and Jawbreaker so far everything mentioned is awesome!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm 
DENDRITE

Just ordered the 7"!!! So fuckin happy....very excited for this...Still wish I lived in the Bay Area to see you guys live. Needless to say, is there any plan of putting An Era of Institutional Failure out on vinyl? No longer buy CDs, as much as I love the whole fucking thing!! Please Joel...do something with these tracks!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Passive wrote:
Howdy ho neighbor!

How's Miami? I was just in Tampa. I think of Miami, I think of TORCHE!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

minotband wrote:

Dude, Joel and I made a joke earlier that everyone in the bay area knows a guys who knows a guys who knows a member of Jawbreaker...it's true! Except you actually played shows with Adam, so you're way cooler ;)

Joel, know we can say we know a guy who know's a member of Jawbreaker!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Passive wrote:
Boris bucks is money from Hell

exactly

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Beyonce wrote:
Guy unaffiliated with the label answer: Boris bucks are our Sheath support loyalty money for being awesome they (the Sheath) are in turn even more awesome and give us cool swag.

I love Asian Man Records and Jawbreaker so far everything mentioned is awesome!

Sykes, you are SO affiliated with The Mylene Sheath :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Board index » Old News and Preorders