So glad to have the board back to functioning properly! Let's celebrate!
How about we start up an old favorite from back in the day? You oldie goldies who have been on the board back when it first started, remember the CD mix club?
That shit was awesome!
Let's try it with a new spin.
This time, let's skip the pairing up and mailing of CD's between one another and let's just have it be a playlist we create via 8tracks:CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THEIR SITE
With this you can upload and create a playlist from music on you're computer and then we can embed the player on the board for streaming. Include photo, text information and links. Super Cool!
How about we set some parameters:
- each Thursday, we will ask who would like to contibute a playlist to the 'Mylene Sheath Weekly Playlist Thread'. Post in the thread to be entered in to the drawing.
- each Friday we will draw one user from those that wanted to contribute
- that user will then work on their playlist over the weekend and we will post it Monday
- all playlists will be theme specific. The theme can be a certain genre, an era of time, a certain band or label, etc. Just as long as it ties the tracks together in some way.
- upload 10 tracks that you feel will school the uneducated about the theme you've chosen, email us the 'embed code' and we will post it for you on Monday
-include an overall image that represents your themed playlist and a short or long description of what theme you chose and why and how the tracks relate, or how the tracks are significant to you...whatever you want
(you can either email this to us when you email over your embed code or do this on 8tracks site itself and we'll just add it to the post when we embed your playlist player on the board)
Come Monday, all board members that choose to play along will jam your playlist, we'll all comment and share our thoughts and hopefully learn about some new music we've never heard before or haven't listened to in way too long.
I will post an example of how a it will function below.
As always, let us know if you have any questions or suggestions
***NOTE- with 8tracks playlist player, you can only listen to tracks moving forward. You cannot skip back to a previous track. So when we listen to someones playlist, we must listen from beginning to end. But, if you start listening and then leave the site, the player will pick up where you left off when you return.***
***NOTE-do not make anything downloadable. You can provide links to songs you upload, and please have those links be to a band or label's site for purchasing