Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Music

Post subject: Caspian Test Press Joel?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:57 pm 
NODE OF RANVIER

I was just sorting through some old emails and having a good spring clean and came across my paypal receipt for the Caspian 3 LP test press...

This receipt was dated 22/2/12... It's been over a year now and I for one, have nothing to show for it. I've asked a few times over the last 6 months and keep getting told that its nearly finished...

What the hell is going on?!?!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:06 pm 
SHEATH CREW

DoomRider wrote:
I was just sorting through some old emails and having a good spring clean and came across my paypal receipt for the Caspian 3 LP test press...

This receipt was dated 22/2/12... It's been over a year now and I for one, have nothing to show for it. I've asked a few times over the last 6 months and keep getting told that its nearly finished...

What the hell is going on?!?!

Last I heard on this was that they were taking MUCH longer than expected. Also curious on a status update

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Again, we are obviously having a very hard time completing these. Due to the amount of hand stitching and assembly that goes into each one. I have replied and given you an update every time you've emailed us about it. We understand how long these have taken, and we are obviously embarrassed about it!

If you would prefer to receive a test press without the packaging, I can ship it today.

But unfortunately, we decided to package these in a way that was too detailed to complete quickly, and finding free time in addition to all of our other day-to-day responsibilities and tasks has been the main issue, since each one takes so long to complete. In hindsight, I wish we'd done something simple with the packaging and had them done long ago, but we wanted to something really special to commemorate the release. I think our hearts were bigger than our brains on this one :D

We are close to finished with all of them, but if anyone would prefer just receiving the test press without the packaging, we can do that too. I think we only have two packages to finish before shipping them all out. We just didn't want to ship anyone's out until we could ship everyone's out. If we had shipped them out one at a time, then most people would already have them, but it didn't seem fair to us to do it that way.

And we've already told everyone that we won't be charging the second $25 payment or the shipping costs. So essentially this project ended up costing us. Trust me, I know it sucks and feel horrible. I promise we'll wrap them up, we work on them as often as life permits. I definitely understand your frustration though :cry:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm 
NODE OF RANVIER

No, that is true that I have had replies when I've emailed.

Think we could just do with a thread on here to keep everyone updated from time to time thats all. I bet a load of people who ordered have forgotten about it now haha.
I've no problem with waiting for the end product. It was just a bit worrying that the last couple of times I emailed I was told it was nearly finished, but the last time was 7th Dec.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

I'm doubly, triply sure this thing will be worth the wait.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:49 pm 
SHEATH CREW

DinosauR wrote:
I'm doubly, triply sure this thing will be worth the wait.

They are made with love, guaranteed to be worth it

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:51 pm 
SOMA

What is the skinny on this thing, was it available in the Sheath store at some point? I may have to kick myself very hard for missing it if it was. Couldn't find anything about it in the old newsletters either, so I'm a little curious. At any rate, sounds like it'll be awesome so congrats to those who snagged a copy. Please share pics if you can when it arrives :)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Thanks for the update, Joel! I was just curious about this as well, and thanks for replying to my email :) Yeah I just wanted to know if this was still happening so the fact that I get it eventually is all that matters. Long live one of my favorite labels!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your time, we know it's gonna be ridiculous! I am going to build a shelf for it with a custom light fixture right above it. I don't even have any clue what it looks like but I am fairly confident that this may be the #1 album in my collection!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Working on these all night tonight- fyi

<3<3

Board index » Music