Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Music

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 pm 
SOMA

DinosauR wrote:
so very want to see Caspian, Junius and Constants. And, every single Sheathy band. please come down under. please.

Mylene Sheath showcase down under, this needs to happen.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 am 
SHEATH CREW

drds89 wrote:
Did they play a sample during this show ? We couldn't hear it very well, but it sounded like either the original Quint monologue on the Orca from JAWS, or Dana Carvey's Parody in the Master of Disguise... do you or anyone know which one?

Hmm, I don't remember any samples being played. That may have been something that they nixed after the first night. Do you remember any of the set list? They seemed to focus heavily on Waking Season material, with a little Tertia thrown in there, not much else. I thought I saw someone post that they have played Moksha on this tour, but they didn't play it the other night. I would have loved to have seen that live.

Dead Format | Lando

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:01 am 
MYELIN SHEATH

lando wrote:
drds89 wrote:
Did they play a sample during this show ? We couldn't hear it very well, but it sounded like either the original Quint monologue on the Orca from JAWS, or Dana Carvey's Parody in the Master of Disguise... do you or anyone know which one?

Hmm, I don't remember any samples being played. That may have been something that they nixed after the first night. Do you remember any of the set list? They seemed to focus heavily on Waking Season material, with a little Tertia thrown in there, not much else. I thought I saw someone post that they have played Moksha on this tour, but they didn't play it the other night. I would have loved to have seen that live.

They definitely focused mostly on Waking Season (for obvious reasons), but at my show they played some Tertia (I requested Malacoda and they played it 3rd or 4th in their setlist) and even played a song from YATC and The Four Trees. For the life of me, though, I can't remember what songs they were

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 pm 
SHEATH CREW

I think they're switching between 2 setlists. This is the one from Atlanta for the most part:

Waking Season
Procellous
Some Are White Light
Malacoda
Concrescence
Gone In Bloom and Bough
Halls of the Summer
Fire Made Flesh
Sycamore

Plus or minus a few. Here's the list they played in NC:

Of Foam and Wave
Malacoda
Gone In Bloom and Bough
Halls Of Summer
Concrescence
Moksha
Fire Made Flesh
Hickory '54
Ghosts of the Garden City
Sycamore

I would have loved to have seen the NC set. I'm glad I finally got to see Caspian live, but this set was full of some of my favorite tracks. Looking forward to their return to ATL!

Dead Format | Lando

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

We seemed to have gotten a mix of both setlists it seems

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am 
SHEATH CREW

lando wrote:
I think they're switching between 2 setlists. This is the one from Atlanta for the most part:

Waking Season
Procellous
Some Are White Light
Malacoda
Concrescence
Gone In Bloom and Bough
Halls of the Summer
Fire Made Flesh
Sycamore

Plus or minus a few. Here's the list they played in NC:

Of Foam and Wave
Malacoda
Gone In Bloom and Bough
Halls Of Summer
Concrescence
Moksha
Fire Made Flesh
Hickory '54
Ghosts of the Garden City
Sycamore

I would have loved to have seen the NC set. I'm glad I finally got to see Caspian live, but this set was full of some of my favorite tracks. Looking forward to their return to ATL!

I posted the NC setlist on setlist.fm, directly from Phil's FB page...the only one I was n't quite sure of was Hickory '54, since I haven't had as long to wear out the 2nd 1/2 of Waking Season and ingrain those tracks individually as of yet.

Phil and Erin were gracious enough to pose for some pics and I asked Phill if they'd played Brombie in a while, and he said no, and asked if I had any other requests. I just said "play them all!" :)

Seems like after their fall tour, when opening, they would Play Moksha or Some Are White Light off 4Trees, and either The Raven or Ghosts... from Tertia. I was thrilled to hear either one, and my daughter's favorite off Tertia is Of Foam and Wave, so you should have seen her eyes when the first 5 seconds at 120 dB were melting our faces :D Priceless! and perfect for an opener--never conceived of it placed in the middle of Tertia as it is. One of my favorite shows of all time, with Junius being icing on the cake--love those guys, Mike spent lots of time with us.

Board index » Music