Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:58 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Boris laying down the law. haha

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:59 pm 
DENDRITE

What's your opinion of playing shows with local bands from towns you tour through? We always try to represent ourselves and our city well when opening for the bands that inspire us. Whenever I travel to see a band, I'm always excited to see the local talent.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Boris wrote:
Bgibbs wrote:
What's some of the music you're currently listening to? Did you have a chance to listen to Baroness album? If so, did you like the musical progression they did?

I thought we already discussed this.

Where? Am I time traveling to where I'm not seeing posts?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:01 pm 
SOMA

Location: the infernal regions of The Mylene Sheath headquarters
Bgibbs wrote:
Boris wrote:
Bgibbs wrote:
What's some of the music you're currently listening to? Did you have a chance to listen to Baroness album? If so, did you like the musical progression they did?

I thought we already discussed this.

Where? Am I time traveling to where I'm not seeing posts?

http://www.mylenesheath.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2000

:evil: :evil:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

GIBBBBBS, pay no attention to boris, he's a bit cranky. what with being un-dead and all.

SHEATH CREW

http://www.mylenesheath.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2000[/quote]

My first half of the question is what I was after. Baroness was just a side question. Fuck me for wanting a musicians opinion on it, right?

CHIEF SHEATH

I too would be interested in hearing what Phil thinks of the new Baroness album, Yellow & Green for life!!

Let the debate rage on!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:05 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Passive wrote:
PAJ wrote:
at this point there are so many that it's difficult to pick just one, but there is a venue in dresden, germany named BEATPOL that we've played at twice now, and both times have been nothing short of magical on every level imaginable. the sound is absurdly enormous in there, the staff are beyond kind and hospitable, and the crowd is really up for throwing down. if i had to pick one i'd go with that. something special about that place indeed. when we were out with red sparowes in 2010 in the US we played a spot in chicago called lincoln hall that we all felt really comfortable in as well, both on and off stage. tight spot.

at the same time, some of our fondest memories are from house shows where we're all packed into a basement getting sweaty with everyone and having a good time though also.

Are the crowds in Europe more active? It was kind of a surprise to me when I went from death metal to post-metal/rock and no one moved an inch. When I saw ISIS I think I was the only one head banging. Even when I saw you guys it seemed about the same. Have seen the same in youtube videos I've watched of Rosetta playing. No one moving at all

Great question. We've seen active audiences all over the place, from Europe to the US. I guess it just depends on whatever is floating around in the air that night or something? I can say without a doubt though that audiences in Eastern Europe (Poland, for example) really are the craziest, most care free and active audiences we've ever seen. Portugal and Russia too. They don't seem to care about anything other than flipping out, and it really has a way pumping you up on stage. One of the things we always remind ourselves of, especially considering how physically involved and demanding a Caspian show is, is that everyone experiences music in their own way - even if that means standing there looking bored sometimes. I've tried pretty hard to get over trying to assume things about what music does live to people, and instead just try and embrace the moment for whatever it is. Even if it's playing for a room full of people who are yawning and sending text messages, etc...

I gotta admit, if you're that one dude going bananas in a room full of stationary people, it does feel super awkward. I've been there before no doubt. But I try to remember that when it comes to post-rock, a lot of people like to drift off and use the music as an escape mechanism, which is beautiful, and also means a lot of the time that to most everyone else, it looks like the person is bored to death... But for all we know, they're no longer with us and are having visions of the most amazing shit ever. And that's what I try to remind myself.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:11 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Bgibbs wrote:

I have been listening to that record a lot actually. We were originally supposed to do "Waking Season" with John Congelton, but he got tied up in that Baroness record and we had to make other plans, which is how we ended back up with Matt Bayles (which turned out to be a real blessing obviously, as the man is a genius). Anyways, yeah I've been jamming that and I very much like the direction they've taken personally. Seems like a bold move and I am all about those.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:13 pm 
BAND MEMBER

FWISPhil wrote:
What's your opinion of playing shows with local bands from towns you tour through? We always try to represent ourselves and our city well when opening for the bands that inspire us. Whenever I travel to see a band, I'm always excited to see the local talent.

Oh, I am absolutely all about that. That's how we got started after all with bands like MONO and The Appleseed Cast, and it really has a way of inspiring both the touring band AND the local band. When it's possible, I think it rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Music