Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 pm 
DENDRITE

As a fellow musician named Phil, I must say that your work is incredible, and I can't wait to hear the new album when me and my bandmates travel to NC to see y'all. Also, you've been renamed Big Phil to avoid confusion within my band.

So why did y'all decide to go with less 'face-melting' on the new album?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm 
BAND MEMBER

lando wrote:
Phil!

Two questions:

Tertia, to me,  had a sort of "nautical" feel to it. Were you inspired at all by the coast during the writing process of this album?

Part two: Any plans on touring through Atlanta in the near future? 

living up here on the ocean gets embedded into your bloodstream. i don't think we'll ever write anything that isn't directly inspired by the atlantic, and tertia was certainly no exception. it's great to see that you were able to feel that simply from listening to the music. to us that is a sign that we are channeling our surroundings effectively, and that's important to us.

there's a chance we'll be down in ATL this december. more on that over the next few months!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:23 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

PAJ wrote:
living up here on the ocean gets embedded into your bloodstream.

+1 to that.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm 
BAND MEMBER

FWISPhil wrote:
As a fellow musician named Phil, I must say that your work is incredible, and I can't wait to hear the new album when me and my bandmates travel to NC to see y'all. Also, you've been renamed Big Phil to avoid confusion within my band.

So why did y'all decide to go with less 'face-melting' on the new album?

ha! big phil! my friends refer to my father (who has 2" up on me at 6'9") as big phil so that rocks. amazing that you guys are making the trek to the NC show. make sure to say hello. we're gonna try to pack a lot into our 30 minutes up there for the MTB tour.

regarding the face-melting: ya know... i think it comes down to wanting to find new sounds and to keep exploring our music without feeling trapped creatively. we played over 200 shows for "Tertia" alone, and i think when you're head banging and going ape shit every night playing face melting songs night after night, you develop a huge desire to start communicating differently on stage and become more multi-dimensional as a musical entity. that's certainly not to say there isn't some extremely heavy moments on "waking season", but in general yeah - we feel like we did that the last record and want it to sort of stay there. new day rising.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:30 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

What's been your favorite city/venue to play at?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:30 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Sasan wrote:
Hey Phil, nice to see you here around...
I need the opaque mint green repress of YATC...could you do anything? ;) :D

is it gone already? hot damn. that was the one i was looking forward to seeing the most as well. hopefully the sheath saved us some copies :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:31 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

PAJ wrote:
Bgibbs wrote:
Are we going to see anything from Lavina anytime soon?

most definitely. alex and i went up and mixed two new jams last sunday actually with the talented john helmig in new hampshire (who also played bass on these two). these new ones are super heavy and have some really nice moments. we are really happy about how they came out. joel and lindz will let everyone now when it's gonna drop.

the new songs are stunning. look for a late '12 preorder/early'13 street date :D

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Joel wrote:
PAJ wrote:
Bgibbs wrote:
Are we going to see anything from Lavina anytime soon?

most definitely. alex and i went up and mixed two new jams last sunday actually with the talented john helmig in new hampshire (who also played bass on these two). these new ones are super heavy and have some really nice moments. we are really happy about how they came out. joel and lindz will let everyone now when it's gonna drop.

the new songs are stunning. look for a late '12 preorder/early'13 street date :D

What a perfect gift for my birthday :D :D

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

PAJ wrote:
Sasan wrote:
Hey Phil, nice to see you here around...
I need the opaque mint green repress of YATC...could you do anything? ;) :D

is it gone already? hot damn. that was the one i was looking forward to seeing the most as well. hopefully the sheath saved us some copies :)

Sasan, email us at orders@themylenesheath.com and we'll get ya sorted brother :D

Phil, yeah we saved y'all a grip of them to sell at shows and in the Caspian store :D

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Passive wrote:
What's been your favorite city/venue to play at?

at this point there are so many that it's difficult to pick just one, but there is a venue in dresden, germany named BEATPOL that we've played at twice now, and both times have been nothing short of magical on every level imaginable. the sound is absurdly enormous in there, the staff are beyond kind and hospitable, and the crowd is really up for throwing down. if i had to pick one i'd go with that. something special about that place indeed. when we were out with red sparowes in 2010 in the US we played a spot in chicago called lincoln hall that we all felt really comfortable in as well, both on and off stage. tight spot.

at the same time, some of our fondest memories are from house shows where we're all packed into a basement getting sweaty with everyone and having a good time though also.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Music