Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Old News and Preorders

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:36 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Boris wrote:
Whatever dudes, F*ck that shit!

Boris I agree with your sentiments.

And I do agree with what Joel said I just can't think of any reason a band would want to leave this label.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:25 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Boris, you're such an ass. ;)

But seriously, equally important to note about this conversation; our growth, success, and/or development is also because of the bands we've been able to work with and the music they write. It takes a lot to put a record out and get it heard, but all of our bands gave us music to work that's worth hearing. Whether we stay working together, or go our separate ways, we got each other to where we are and where we're going. We'll both always play a vital role in each other's journey and we should both try and never let the beauty of that get lost in the hustle.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:35 am 
SHEATH CREW

it's like parents sitting their kid down to tell them that they're getting a divorce. sure the kid loves them both equally, but come on, everyone has a parent that they're more attached to ;)

but what do i know, both of my parents are dead:

:lol:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm 

Batman wrote:
ibut what do i know, both of my parents are dead:

hhahahahaha

:lol:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm 
SOMA

Don't know why in the world anyone would want to part ways with you guys. But I will continue to support them and just remember that it was you that introduced me to their awesome music :)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:17 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Hooray! First time in a while I've posted. Anyway...

...I agree that the Sheath are an incredible label, but also that they are brilliant at spotting amazing bands that don't get the appreciation that they deserve. It's inevitable that some bands are going to go on to some bigger things, but perhaps that's the whole point of the Sheath.

The truth is that I wouldn't have even heard of the Mylene Sheath if it wasn't for 'Signal Tree' and 'Malabar Front' on Last.Fm a few years ago. It's definitely a two-way bargain; If not for those songs I wouldn't have heard of Caspian, Gifts From Enola, Angel Eyes, Eksi Ekso, Giants, etc.

If I understand the ethos of The Sheath correctly, that's really the whole point. To get bands the recognition that they deserve. If they do that so well such that when you search for 'If These Trees Could Talk', they're all over the place, but it's not directly in relation to The Sheath then so be it, it's (at least to a certain extent) irrelevant.

The end.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:19 pm 
AXON

At the end of the day, my only hope is that any label picking up one of your babies does them as much justice as you've done them. It's kinda like a favorite team and your favorite player on that team. They move to another team and at first you kinda hate that team for taking them, but it's kinda cool to see them get new fans, do new things and go to new places.

AKA I really hope ITTCT comes to the northwest!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 pm 
BAND MEMBER

It's always a sad day when good people part ways. I know I was very bummed to hear that one of my favorite bands, Junius, had left the Mylene Family, but since then I have seen them and I can tell you they are the same good lads they were before with an incredible amount of love for Lindsay and Joel and the Mylene supporters. As Beneath Oblivion were trading demos and doing mail/zines through the underground we started to see a lot of other doom metal bands start to blow up. Some of which have gone onto major labels. Some of them are still flourishing today, and some have really been beaten down, burned-out, and killed by the industry. I can only speak for BO, because I don't know every detail of every band's contract, but at the end of the day we have to be happy with ourselves and our artistic choices; therefore there is no other label I'd rather have professionally represent our art. Some labels have tour support, big budgets, vast networks, etc... and I'm not saying we've never had offers, because we have, but I've heard too many horror stories from friends and respected musicians; and why fix it if it aint broke? Right? This label masterminded by Linz and Joel is the real thing. They give 100% freedom to their artists, they allow us to take any artistic direction we see fit to take, and support those kinds of decisions, they are very honest and upfront with all bands regarding numbers, they don't expect a cut of merch, touring, or every little thing. The Mylene Sheath doesn't do anything underhanded like I hear about in stories regarding other labels, they allow you to work with any producers, engineers, or cover artists without having to ask permission, you are allowed to control your own website (for better or for worst), and they do not "own" any of us. This is a label that has ethics very similar to those of Beneath Oblivion, so we have no intention at this point of working with anyone else. But you know what? If we did decide to do such a thing, we are fully able to do so because there is a special relationship between this label and their roster. I for one can't wait to put out another release through the Mylene Sheath.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm 

Scotty wrote:
I for one can't wait to put out another release through the Mylene Sheath.

I for one am very excited about this!

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm 

Many reasons why we are all so fanatical about the Sheath have been so eloquently put by Scotty there. They epitomise all that's good in the shark-infested waters of the music biz. If bands need to move on, I do hope they land somewhere half as good as the Sheath.

Board index » Old News and Preorders