Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 129  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:05 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Joel and I listened to Tristeza and Bucket Full of Teeth today while we packed up orders. Man, I forgot how bad ass some of Bucket Full of Teeth's riffs are!
Oh, and all the YMDITD pre-orders have shipped. YAY!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:29 am 
BAND MEMBER

Lindsay wrote:
Joel and I listened to Tristeza and Bucket Full of Teeth today while we packed up orders. Man, I forgot how bad ass some of Bucket Full of Teeth's riffs are!
Oh, and all the YMDITD pre-orders have shipped. YAY!

Yeah to Tristeza and the YMDITD pre-orders :)

I love Spine and Sensory it is probably one of YMDITD's favorite/influential instrumental albums.

I have also been spinning BoS, Hot Water Music (Fuel for the Hate Game), and Carcrashlander.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:29 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

I'm doing internet stuff and listening to Maserati on Last FM

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:15 am 
DENDRITE

I'm not sure how many people are into this sort of thing, but the new Sinaloa disc - Oceans of Islands, out on Level Plane- is amazing. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since I got a copy about a week ago. they're melodic, angular post-hardcore from right around Boston with sincere songs that are nothing short of devastatingly beautiful. my fave right now is seek harbor, which is conveniently enough on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sinaloa!

let me know if you're into this kind of thing. I've got lots more where this came from and I'd love to talk shop!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:02 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

I'll admit I've never checked these guys out, but I've heard a lot about them. Didn't they do a split with Ampere? Or a 3 way split w/them and another band?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

I just checked them out, they were a lot different than I thought they'd be....in a good way! I was expecting the typical Orchid/Joshua Fit for Battle/Saetia style of music based on the bands I've heard them mentioned with in the same sentences and was surprised to find something completely different. very cool, thank you!

:D

Just for the record, I LOOOOVE Orchid, Joshua Fit For battle, and all those bands (don't really like Saetia, though). I wasn't talking bad, just saying I was expecting that passionately gasping for air to scream the next line, chaotic, choppy, hectic style of music.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:18 pm 
BAND MEMBER

I just picked up the new 2xLP from The Drift and it is awesome. I had heard these dudes before, but it never quite clicked. However, the new album is awesome. If you like jazzy post-rock you should pick it up!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

docious wrote:
I just picked up the new 2xLP from The Drift and it is awesome. I had heard these dudes before, but it never quite clicked. However, the new album is awesome. If you like jazzy post-rock you should pick it up!

So looking forward to listening to this when I'm back in Australia (gotta wait till September - good things to those who wait .... and such)

have just finished listening to Just Abandoned Myself by Boris (having a bit of a Boris OD recently). am just about to put on Sundown / Sunrise by Jesu.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:41 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Just listened to Manitees-iii

about to hear Neurosis-empty

Last.FM radio suckas

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:43 pm 
SOMA

Jamming David Axelrod and The Drift today.... hope to get in some cap n jazz to start off the weekend!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 129  Next

Board index » Music