Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Concerts?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:56 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Great stuff Agent! What an awesome show!!!

Any chance you could ask the merch desk if they have any BLACK tour press' left of 'Live at Old South'. My previous attempt to get one of these didn't go as swimmingly as i had hoped it would. Be greatly appreciated! :)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Sorry you didn't get the Black Live @ OSC, Jus :cry: Completely wrecked for you, man.

When I asked the merch dude (Ben, I think), he said all he had was the pink- when they were in NC, so I thought your man in FL had it all sewed up for you.
The hunt continues... Maybe bgibbs can crowbar one out, offer some serious $$$ or something!

Well, tonite is Rosetta, Shy Low, The Blue Letter, and Red Money...

Lunch break is over here, another half day, then on the road to RVA...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:29 pm 
SHEATH CREW

drds89 wrote:
Sorry you didn't get the Black Live @ OSC, Jus :cry: Completely wrecked for you, man.

When I asked the merch dude (Ben, I think), he said all he had was the pink- when they were in NC, so I thought your man in FL had it all sewed up for you.
The hunt continues... Maybe bgibbs can crowbar one out, offer some serious $$$ or something!

Lunch break is over here, another half day, then on the road to RVA...

I was looking for a copy of this as well. Merch table only had Waking Season on 180gram. I was prettttyyyy bummed. But I had a lot of nice conversations with some of the band members and even a long convo with Mr.Wagers. Overall, it was a great night

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:12 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

drds89 wrote:

Were you at the show where the power went out during their set?

I saw them in Orlando on Tuesday. What a great show. The crowd went wild. They said it reminded them of playing in Poland with people stage diving and everyone chanting "Rosetta" at the end. It was a big difference from playing for just 2 people the night before.

The setlist from the show: 1. Renew, 2. Untitled new song, 3. Release, 4. Untitled new song, 5. Wake, 6. Je N'en Connais Pas

Anyways, the next concert will be Opeth with Katatonia in May

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 am 
SHEATH CREW

Passive wrote:
Were you at the show where the power went out during their set?

I saw them in Orlando on Tuesday. What a great show. The crowd went wild. They said it reminded them of playing in Poland with people stage diving and everyone chanting "Rosetta" at the end. It was a big difference from playing for just 2 people the night before.

The setlist from the show: 1. Renew, 2. Untitled new song, 3. Release, 4. Untitled new song, 5. Wake, 6. Je N'en Connais Pas

Anyways, the next concert will be Opeth with Katatonia in May

We saw them in Richmond on Friday 3/22 their opening night (Matt spent his early childhood years in a very small town where I live in VA). It was an awesome show/small venue- I would guess 50+ but not packed in like sardines. No stage diving. Such great guys all the way around to talk with before and after the show.

I heard about Matt's later reverb woes (fixed) after Charlotte, and then the next place, the power went out right before going on. Show was cancelled, and as they got everything packed up to leave and downstairs, the power came back on... oy vay...

Evidently when they go to Europe & Russia, there's usually crowds of 200+ people in line outside each venue, and they get huge LOVE when they arrive--not as much here in the US. They had to cancel their summer tour 2013 to Russia, so unless they go back to AUS, I would guess they may tour some in the US again. Prob also hangs on their Veggie Oil Van woes as well.

Oh yeah, their set list was different than what you had in FL-- it would be impossible to choose, I'd have to flip a coin which one to pick... they didn't get going until about 12:30AM, and had to be in Charlotte the next day.

1. Red in Tooth and Claw-- KILLED IT, perfect head-bangin' opener!
2. New Track #1 -- excellent, pretty long/ I think all 5 were 10+ minutes
3. New Track #2 -- amazing, people shouting 'play it again'! Matt says, 'one more' and dude shouts back 'two more'-- 'OK'-- says Matt, crowd goes crazy!!
4. TMA-3 - 'Sing me a song, a song of release!'
5. A Determinism of Morality-- 'By the grace of God we speak in tongues tonight'

They were totally spent after the set.

I can die a happy man now, having seen them live :)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am 
MYELIN SHEATH

drds89 wrote:
We saw them in Richmond on Friday 3/22 their opening night (Matt spent his early childhood years in a very small town where I live in VA). It was an awesome show/small venue- I would guess 50+ but not packed in like sardines. No stage diving. Such great guys all the way around to talk with before and after the show.

I heard about Matt's later reverb woes (fixed) after Charlotte, and then the next place, the power went out right before going on. Show was cancelled, and as they got everything packed up to leave and downstairs, the power came back on... oy vay...

Evidently when they go to Europe & Russia, there's usually crowds of 200+ people in line outside each venue, and they get huge LOVE when they arrive--not as much here in the US. They had to cancel their summer tour 2013 to Russia, so unless they go back to AUS, I would guess they may tour some in the US again. Prob also hangs on their Veggie Oil Van woes as well.

Oh yeah, their set list was different than what you had in FL-- it would be impossible to choose, I'd have to flip a coin which one to pick... they didn't get going until about 12:30AM, and had to be in Charlotte the next day.

1. Red in Tooth and Claw-- KILLED IT, perfect head-bangin' opener!
2. New Track #1 -- excellent, pretty long/ I think all 5 were 10+ minutes
3. New Track #2 -- amazing, people shouting 'play it again'! Matt says, 'one more' and dude shouts back 'two more'-- 'OK'-- says Matt, crowd goes crazy!!
4. TMA-3 - 'Sing me a song, a song of release!'
5. A Determinism of Morality-- 'By the grace of God we speak in tongues tonight'

They were totally spent after the set.

I can die a happy man now, having seen them live :)

I would give anything to see Red in Tooth and Claw and TMA-3 live.

We were talking to Armine for a while before they went on and he was telling us the same thing about the European shows vs the US shows. I think in the summer they're doing a west coast tour. He said they're touring the US just to shut everyone up lol.

I really hope they come back to FL in the next year or two. It was like 6-7 years since the last time they were down last time. But if they decide to break up and do a farewell show that doesn't come down here, I'm fucking flying there

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:32 am 
NODE OF RANVIER

Passive wrote:
[..] They said it reminded them of playing in Poland with people stage diving and everyone chanting "Rosetta" at the end. [..]

Glad they had such a good memories from the country of mine, it gives me a hope for frequent visits :twisted:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:33 am 
MYELIN SHEATH

euzebiusz wrote:
Glad they had such a good memories from the country of mine, it gives me a hope for frequent visits :twisted:

Lol, they'll probably tour Poland again before they come back to FL

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:28 am 
SHEATH CREW

Passive wrote:
Lol, they'll probably tour Poland again before they come back to FL

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:33 am 
MYELIN SHEATH

Pretty spare next few months, but I don't have too much money. Might see The Handsome Family in May, might see Swans with Chelsea Wolfe in June, and have a ticket to The Gaslight Anthem and The Hold Steady in July. I'm crazy excited for that last one, as it's been pretty much exactly a year since last seeing GA, and even more since The Hold Steady, though this is a big outdoor show and I last saw them in tiny clubs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Board index » Music