Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Visual Art

Post subject: Re: yosemite
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 am 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Passive wrote:
True lol. I have the shitty Everglades in my backyard.

You're in Miami tho! Seems like a great place?? What are your words of wisdom on Miami?? Definitely pretty damn curious! :D

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

Forbenator wrote:
You're in Miami tho! Seems like a great place?? What are your words of wisdom on Miami?? Definitely pretty damn curious! :D

Eh, I really don't like it too much. Might be because I've been here my whole life though lol. The food is good, the beach is nice, the skyline is awesome. But people here are more worried about image (not sure if this is still true, but at one point we had the highest number of BMWs per capita...in the world). People aren't that nice; in the midwest you say hi to someone, they say hi back, here they're more likely to shoot you. Traffic is bad, though not LA or SF bad, but we do have the worst and most violent drivers in the US. Public transportation is horrible, and in most places, if you want to commute by bike, it's pretty much suicide. It's hot about 50 weeks out of the year and we don't have seasons.

In conclusion, I both love and hate Miami, and I really want to get the fuck out of here at some point in the future. It's a good place to visit though!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:53 am 

Passive wrote:
Forbenator wrote:

Eh, I really don't like it too much. Might be because I've been here my whole life though lol. The food is good, the beach is nice, the skyline is awesome. But people here are more worried about image (not sure if this is still true, but at one point we had the highest number of BMWs per capita...in the world). People aren't that nice; in the midwest you say hi to someone, they say hi back, here they're more likely to shoot you. Traffic is bad, though not LA or SF bad, but we do have the worst and most violent drivers in the US. Public transportation is horrible, and in most places, if you want to commute by bike, it's pretty much suicide. It's hot about 50 weeks out of the year and we don't have seasons.

In conclusion, I both love and hate Miami, and I really want to get the fuck out of here at some point in the future. It's a good place to visit though!

Ah! Someday I'll head out there :)
Have you ever checked out that Ultra Fest? Lose your mind to some EDM? :P
You guys do have quite a few damn solid shows that seems to be filmed in or around Miami too! hahah
I think we can all appreciate some Dexter... :D

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:38 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

Forbenator wrote:
You guys do have quite a few damn solid shows that seems to be filmed in or around Miami too! hahah

Driven by Ultra a few times, but tickets are ridiculously expensive so I've never actually been in :(. It's pretty crazy though, and a lot of parties around during that week.

As for shows, we HAD Burn Notice, but they just ended that thanks to Miami not wanting to rent out the lot to them anymore. Dexter was only filmed here for about half of season 1 and a we shots here and there, the rest has been in Cali (great show though!)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:16 pm 

Passive wrote:
Forbenator wrote:

Driven by Ultra a few times, but tickets are ridiculously expensive so I've never actually been in :(. It's pretty crazy though, and a lot of parties around during that week.

As for shows, we HAD Burn Notice, but they just ended that thanks to Miami not wanting to rent out the lot to them anymore. Dexter was only filmed here for about half of season 1 and a we shots here and there, the rest has been in Cali (great show though!)

Back on point, YOU NEED TO GO TO YOSEMITE!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:23 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

Forbenator wrote:
Passive wrote:

I do! I've been to Cali 3 times in the last 4 years, but haven't had a chance to go to Yosemite. I did go to Lake Tahoe though. I fell in love with the place. Wouldn't mind living there for a year or two

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm 

Passive wrote:
Forbenator wrote:
Passive wrote:

I do! I've been to Cali 3 times in the last 4 years, but haven't had a chance to go to Yosemite. I did go to Lake Tahoe though. I fell in love with the place. Wouldn't mind living there for a year or two

There are some damn fantastic places to be ALL OVER out there!! :D

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 am 
MYELIN SHEATH

daliu wrote:
You need more of the statements in this matter, so that we can understand.

That's deep

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:31 pm 

Passive wrote:
daliu wrote:
You need more of the statements in this matter, so that we can understand.

That's deep

Now for deep thoughts. With Jack Handy

Board index » Visual Art