Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Old News and Preorders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:31 pm 
DENDRITE

The Mylene Sheath is the best damn indie label in the known universe. Caspian is a good post rock band! Plus, I need this vinyl because reasons.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 am 
SHEATH CREW

:o too cool!
This album is perfect on my morning commute, right when it's still mostly dark out, but the sun is coming up.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:04 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

safpip wrote:
Great band! Great album! I have seen them live twice and it was two of the best lives I've been. The closure with Sycamore is amazing!

Thanks for joining the board! Completely agreed on the boys' live performance, each time you see them is still like the first :D

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:06 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

danielbon wrote:
The first time I heard the trifector (Quovis, Further Up, Further In) I was hooked. Even better live. And, given they're from my "neck of the woods" I get to see it whenever they're back home. Woot!

Glad to see you on the board :D Their hometown shows are so special!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Arcum wrote:
Caspian moves me in a way in which no other postrock band has ever succeeded. My all time favourite is “Vienna” – given the right setting/timing this song can bring a tear to my eye.
On “You are the conductor” I’ll say; Loft!

Thanks so much for joining up! Vienna is a total tear jerker :) You have good taste. Approved.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:12 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

lando wrote:
I love Caspian. I love YATC. I love vinyl. I love The Mylene Sheath.

I love lamp.

The Mylene Sheath loves Matt Landrum <3

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:27 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Ethan wrote:
Loft and Last Rites may be my favorite Caspian songs (I know it's probably heresy to not have Sycamore in the contest). Just like Sasan said, Last Rites on the Live at Old South Church gets regular play in my car. Ever since Lindsay and Joel were amazing enough to send a promotional CD of L@OSC to my record store, I've had it in my car (stealing the joy, I know) and played Last Rites probably every time I'm in the car. Sometimes I'll throw it in just to hear the one song before throwing in whatever's next in the queue. An amazing album from a stellar band. I'll always remember the first/only time I saw them live (so far!) in Madison. They totally stole the show from Red Sparowes. I can't wait til they come around again!

Rock and roll! That Red Sparowes tour was so great. I remember seeing less people staying to watch Red Sparowes set after Caspian's set ended and being like... wow.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:29 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

ThePimento wrote:
Oh my. I would LOVE to have this! Caspian and This Will Destroy You were the two bands that really got me hooked on the post-rock genre. Since then, I've been grabbing every post-rock vinyl I can! You are the Conductor is one of my top Caspian albums.
Thank you for joining the message board! Those are certainly two of the best bands in the genre!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:55 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

hom35chool wrote:
Long time listener, first time caller...the mylene sheath is great, run by fantastic peoples and most likely have a water cooler that pumps out rainbow candy or a room full of superballs or something.
As for Caspian, they are nice boys, very talented and this record would love to live at my house.
Oh, and I like winning stuff, makes me feel special........but the mylene sheath does that anyway

Thanks so much for the kind words!! It's great to have you on the board :D I enjoy your wit, stick around and post often :D Approved.

p.s. I tried to find a gif of someone jumping into a ballpit but could only find Big Bang Theory gifs???

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

bastard wrote:
The Mylene Sheath is the best damn indie label in the known universe. Caspian is a good post rock band! Plus, I need this vinyl because reasons.

Thank you so much! And welcome to the board :D I enjoy your reasoning :D Approved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Old News and Preorders