Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post subject: Eksi Ekso - Archfiend
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm 
SHEATH CREW

I see where EE have posted about their new record, 'Archfiend', being released 05/17/13 but there's no mention of a label. Are they working with The Sheath on this release or have they also moved on? I haven't seen any mention of the band or this album until today for quite some time. 'Brown Shark, Red Lion' was a fantastic record, here's to hoping 'Archfiend' is just as great!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 pm 
SHEATH CREW

wizzi wrote:
I see where EE have posted about their new record, 'Archfiend', being released 05/17/13 but there's no mention of a label. Are they working with The Sheath on this release or have they also moved on? I haven't seen any mention of the band or this album until today for quite some time. 'Brown Shark, Red Lion' was a fantastic record, here's to hoping 'Archfiend' is just as great!

I would be one sad panda if this doesn't get released by the MS

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Hey dudes, the band is self-releasing this one. It's a great record, but we didn't wanna put out another XEXO record right now. Couldn't match up timelines, etc.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Thanks for the update Joel. I too am very excited about new Eksi jams. Brown Shark is a phenom album. Absolutely majestic. Lets keep everyone posted on here of new news!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 pm 

Going to shred my face, the new song was RIDICULOUS!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 am 
DENDRITE

A friend of ours sent us this link, and I wanted to respond on behalf of the band. First of all, it means the world to us that you all engage with the music that we create on any level - and that's a significant reason why we continue to make music. Second of all, Joel and Lindsey are two of the sweetest people I know, and although we're not working with them on this record, we believe fully in their mission and what they do, as evident by what they do here and how they interact with their community directly.

We've decided to self release "Archfiend" for a number of reasons, but mostly because we invested a significant amount of time and money into recording it, printing it, promoting it, etc. and feel that it is our responsibility to put our money/music where our mouths are. We'd obviously be grateful to those of you who continue to follow and listen to our music whether we're on the Sheath or not... and spread the word, if you like what you hear!

Our new single "Gold Cures" is out now (you can download it for free or buy it), and "Archfiend" will be out May 7th!

Thanks!
Tom/EE

eksiekso.com

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
SHEATH CREW

thanks for the reply, tom! i'm ready to hear this full album. as i said in my original post, i thought 'RSBL' was a fantastic record. hell, i had it my album of the year that year. i'm anticipating great things on the new record too!!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:48 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

EksiEkso wrote:
Our new single "Gold Cures" is out now (you can download it for free or buy it), and "Archfiend" will be out May 7th!

Thanks!
Tom/EE

eksiekso.com

Any chance you guys can add the song to your Bandcamp? Can't wait for the new album to drop!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:00 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

That was a rough year in fantasy football, Tom. Did you see my first round of the playoffs chokefest after going 11-2?

And yes, everyone buy the shit out of this record and support the band. They'll always be a part of the Sheath family <3 Once in, never out :D

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm 

Brown Shark is such a quality album, totally gorgeous. so i am a'waiting in breathless anticipation for Archfiend.

The question now is: will it be coming on our most-favourite of formats?

Board index » General Discussion