So, friends...it's (almost) official [read: I didn't buy flight tickets yet
]: I'm spending February in the USA/CANADA!
Basically, I'm currently in the following situation: my contract with IBM ended December, 31 and I'm starting my new job (at Fujitsu...yay, competitor!) on April, 1st! However, I have to take be at the CeBit in Hannover March, 5th - 9th! Therefore, I thought to travel around a bit and since I haven't been in the US since 2000, I want to check out the East Coast (I lived 6 months in Newport Beach, CA and know most of the West Coast).
So, I would love to check out some nice cities in the East (mainly around the Philly, NYC, Boston area) and also in Canada (Montreal [oh, how I hate the French language
] and Toronto!)...
I have soooo many questions regarding my stay/travel!
- What are Must-Sees in this area/ these cities?
- Any nice record stores that I have to check out?
- Hostels/Hotels that are recommendable?
- What would be the best way to travel to the cities, once I'm there? Greyhound? Train?
- I WANT TYPICAL LOVAL FOOD! Where do I find the best Pizza in NYC? What is a typical dish for Philly/Boston? Where should I eat a Corned Beef/Pastrami Sandwich? I don't think the East Coast is too famous for its BBQ, but any recommendation for restaurants that serve the best brisket, pulled pork, etc?
You get where this is going, right? I'm open for tips, recommendations, advices...just anything!!!
Maybe I can even meet one of you guys if you live in this area!
Thanks in advance,