Big leap forward today!
I installed and wired up the new motor, mounted the pcb for it and got it all powered up for the first time. Soldered the phono's and earth and even mounted the tone arm properly, installed the cartridge, set the height, downforce and alignment. Along with taking a few pics and a vid. Also rebuilt my Acos Rega Planet using some of the spares and replacing the belt etc.
After being at work since 7am, came home took my NAD amp to get (hopefully) fixed (people keep your fingers for it!) got back and done all this. Only just stopped and its now 00:20... Im now shattered.
The Planet will get its platter back as I have ordered a upgraded subplatter and main 25mm one piece acrylic platter. They should be with me by the start of next week, or by a miracle, tomorrow. The pics are just for an idea...
10 points for guessing the sheath vinyl... easy. (ECN you've already seen another pic of it so keep quite!
The new bronze housing with ruby sapphire baring.
Tomorrow I've just got to mitre out the bottom of the tone arm cavity a bit more and make up my phono leads.