Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 am 
SHEATH CREW

Hello everyone,

My Mylene Sheath addiction came to fruition in the last few weeks--taking the plunge into collecting some vinyl after not having any for > 20 years.

some bruddah's who have been selling me their Mylene dupes and teaching me the ropes (expensive lesson -hA!) invited me to come over here and apply for adoption into the family.

You know who you are, so I won't name any names yet.

Short intro is that being an old prog nerd (and burned out playing classic rock for fun) by the late 80s it was difficult to find much secular music worth the effort.

So I plunged into work and family, blessed with wife and 4 wonderful kids, the older 2 loving music...and a student loaned me Sigur Ros ( ) a few years ago... which led to hearing about something called "postrock" ... my daugther loved it... everyone else said, "Dad's weird music."

Which led to the ATPR forum, Beware of Safety was planning a tour... so checked them out... which led to this site, and listened to every single band, loving many of them and buying mp3s and CDs.

So here I am... have placed a preorder for Caspian repress, a couple of other orders, and one bruddah promised to help this old man get in on GFE next month!

Our oldest plays guitar,too, and is willing to drive me (long story) to Harrisonburg VA to see GFE at the Blue Nile in a month or so!! (we just made a road trip to see Russian Circles last week--my first concert in decades, ears still ringing). He loves RC but is really starting to get into GFE and ITTCT--his roommate at college plays drums and is totally addicted to AtE,BtS right now!! :D

Well, that's enough, prob. too much, so I put my application in...

Good morning,

Don

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:42 am 
SHEATH CREW

welcome to our little corner, Don! :geek:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 am 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Welcome Don, make yourself at home!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:25 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Thank you, gentlemen!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:41 pm 
SHEATH CREW

welcome to the club!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:04 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Hey Don!
Application Accepted! :D :D :D

Welcome to the family with much open arms <3

We're supa glad you decided to join in and to hear that you appreciate what we're ALL doing here with the Sheath. It means the world! It makes Joel and I feel wonderful to know that we ALL here have played a role in you finding new music that you can enjoy and appreciate in this day and age.
And how wonderful that it is also something you can share and experiance with your children! =)

Joel and I actually have been fortunate enough to experience our journey as a record label with my father. He has been an intergal part of The Mylene Sheath with us and it's wonderful to get to think that the sanctity we've shared has played a role in you being able to share this music with your children too.

Thank you so much for joining and sharing your thoughts and we're so glad to have you as part of the Fam!!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:11 pm 
MYELIN SHEATH

Howdy Don!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 am 
CHIEF SHEATH

Hey Don! Welcome aboard brother, lookin' forward to chattin' it up :D

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Thanks so much everyone! :D

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 am 
SHEATH CREW

I meant to post on my one year introduction 'birthday' but kept getting pulled away to other things. It's been a great year getting to know many of you, trading/buying/selling and just chatting about Sheath and all things vinyl.

I know there are new members to the Sheath collecting family, and lurkers on the fence.

Thanks again to J&L, and to all of the extended Sheath family :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » General Discussion