Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 am 
SOMA

Couldn't find an introduction thread but since I'm new, I thought I'd start one!

Hi! I'm James! I found this place after pre-ordering the the new Constants LP from Radar and also purchasing the Caspian 3x LP from here (pumped to receive this already!) I've also been lurking for a few weeks but have now finally decided to post!

For the first time in quite a few years, I've started actively purchasing vinyl over the past few weeks. I just recently moved to Thailand from Melbourne, Australia and it seems that purchasing vinyl is the biggest way I can familiarize myself with back home!

I've sorta started to lose my mind with buying and I'm freaking out at the site of my credit card bill this month!

Anyway, apologies if a thread like this already exists! But sadly, I couldn't find one!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:48 am 
SHEATH CREW

Hey James! I'm Brian. Welcome to the Mylene boards. The record buying game is highly highly addicting. Don't go too overboard. Or do and end up like the rest of us. That Caspian 3xLP is amazing, you'll be very happy when it arrives. And a few of us are also waiting on the new Constants vinyl. The mp3s of the record sound great, but I'm really anticipating spinning it.

We should make some sort of official newbie introduction thread shouldnt we?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:27 am 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

Hey James, I am Jason and yes do go overboard and buy everything you see that fits your fancy when you see it because there is nothing worse than when its no longer available or you have to pay double for it unfortunately you will hit that broke wall before you ever are fulfilled.

What color did you go with for the Caspian 3XLP?

Anyways welcome!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:38 am 

Hey man. Preev-Yet!

Like the other 2 before me, we'll all nuts and bolts about this whole organisation. Moved from Melbourne to Thailand eh?! Hope you're having a good time over there. Got a friend over at vinylcollective.com name of Yu who lives over there. You should hook up on the boards! He's a good man - into hardcore and the like. He's fully into Converge.

Anyways, always happy to meet new contributors the Sheathness! :D

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:45 am 
SHEATH CREW

"Welcome to the boards. Hand your money over! We're enablers!"

Sorry in advance if our e-friendship makes you spend more money than you imagined.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:07 am 
SOMA

sharkticon wrote:
Hey James! I'm Brian. Welcome to the Mylene boards. The record buying game is highly highly addicting. Don't go too overboard. Or do and end up like the rest of us. That Caspian 3xLP is amazing, you'll be very happy when it arrives. And a few of us are also waiting on the new Constants vinyl. The mp3s of the record sound great, but I'm really anticipating spinning it.

We should make some sort of official newbie introduction thread shouldnt we?

The Constants record is killer, it has Jesu written all over it, which I love!

Overboard? The past few days I feel like I've been losing my freakin mind and buying stuff like crazy! What's worse is that it's all being shipped to Australia, so I need to wait a month when my folks come over to visit and bring my records with them!

An introduction thread stickied would be a great idea!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:41 am 
SOMA

@Dinosaur, that's awesome! I love Converge! I feel like not a single soul here listens to any type of music I do, so it would be nice to fill that void! But yeah, I'll try and suss him out, would really love to know if there are any vinyl stores here! I seriously doubt it though!

@Vinyl Sucks, I know what you mean in regards to buying stuff now and not later, but it seems like everything keeps popping up NOW and not later! But I have a feeling this will ALWAYS be the case, hence, I feel for my poor credit card! Got the Silver vinyl. I'm surprised it's still available!

Hey, aren't you the guy who was on the front page of VC the other day?

@Sharkicon, yeah, thanks for bleeding me dry buddy!

Thanks all for the warm welcomes! All of these replies before I got a chance to actually reply!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 am 
SCHWANN CELL

Hey James, I am Michal. I can tell one thing - this is really good place to be. I am emotionally bonded to Mylene since two years, when I received Christmas card from them after ordering ITTCT by ebay. It was so unusual that I suddenly felt that they care about me and so I am caring about them :D

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:59 am 
SOMA

Hi Michal, it does feel very homely! I would've been stoked had I received something like that! That's awesome!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:29 am 

Wow we had one of these about 3 and a half years ago. I'll sticky this one. James! also don't forget to go up to the "New Members raffle thread thing" for a chance to win some schweet sheath stuff.

Justin (dinosaur) is probably most stoked that you are also from Australia (or at least currently living there)

I am Rick by the way

Welcome aboard buddy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Board index » General Discussion