Kubark 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lehnen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ef 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
A Light Within 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:33 pm 
CHIEF SHEATH

Hey guys!

This week we're going to vote on which of the previous weeks winners we liked the best. Vote carefully and state your case below, because we may get in touch with the winner!

For those of you checking out the Demo Drawer for the first time, here's an explanation of what this is all about:
Quote:
Hey guys, week after week we have a lot of potentially badass bands sending us potentially mind-blowing demos, but we simply cannot listen to everything we receive. So we thought it would be cool if you guys helped us out a little bit and checked these bands out for us. Then let us know what you think of them and which ones we should definitely give a solid listen to. Why? Well, your taste in music is obviously the best in the world, and again, we are inundated with these and can't possibly sift through them on our own!

So we'll do this weekly or bi-weekly, and you guys can rate them all on a scale of 1 to 5 or whatever, and leave some comments about why you scored it the way you did. You can also vote up your favorite in the poll.

Without further adieu, I present to you, the winners of each weeks Demo Drawer to date:

TIME COLUMNS
Week 49, 2012 Winner (click HERE to view thread):
http://timecolumns.bandcamp.com/album/mana

KUBARK
Week 50, 2012 Winner (click HERE to view thread):
http://kubark.bandcamp.com/album/ulysses

LEHNEN
Week 51, 2012 Winner (click HERE to view thread):
http://lehnen.bandcamp.com/releases

EF
Week 1, 2013 Winner (click HERE to view thread):
https://soundcloud.com/efmusic

A LIGHT WITHIN
Week 3, 2013 Winner (click HERE to view thread):
http://alightwithin.bandcamp.com/

And there you have it folks, please vote for your favorite band and let us know why you think they're ripe for consideration! The poll will be open for one week, starting today :D

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm 
SHEATH CREW

I missed most of the polling thing going around here...but when there's EF in the list, there's no need for a poll! ;)

CASPIAN - Sycamore
CASPIAN - Concrescence
CASPIAN - New Song
CASPIAN - Intro / The Raven

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 pm 
SHEATH CREW

i'm not even gonna lie, this was TOUGH. i really thought about voting for Time Columns or Kubark because both of those bands really interested me. however, i went with EF. the reason i chose EF over the other 2 was simple: more exposure for the Sheath. these guys have been around and have a decent-size following. if for some reason Joel & Linz decided to reach out to some of these bands, a band like EF could really give the Sheath much more exposure and potentially help finance more awesome stuff for the label!

maybe i overthought my decision a bit, but i stand behind it :P

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 pm 
SHEATH CREW

wizzi wrote:
i'm not even gonna lie, this was TOUGH. i really thought about voting for Time Columns or Kubark because both of those bands really interested me. however, i went with EF. the reason i chose EF over the other 2 was simple: more exposure for the Sheath. these guys have been around and have a decent-size following. if for some reason Joel & Linz decided to reach out to some of these bands, a band like EF could really give the Sheath much more exposure and potentially help finance more awesome stuff for the label!

maybe i overthought my decision a bit, but i stand behind it :P

I gotta agree with this. They were ALL deserving, but EF will give the most exposure so it gave them an edge in my opinion.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:30 pm 
SHEATH CREW

went with EF too.

Board index » Old News and Preorders