Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Old News and Preorders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minot 7" Preorder!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

so which one of you gorgeous ppl (both Minot and non-Minot members) gonna fix us all up with our black tour copies??!?!?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

BenMinot wrote:
Lindsay wrote:
Joel wrote:
Question for the Minot dudes:

- will you be touring to the southeast this year so we can set up a show and have you crash at HQ afterward?

^
This
??

I'm hoping that Minot gets out there at some point in the next year. I'll be heading there with my other band, Tartufi, in April.

I'm going to try to catch up on all of the other things that have already been discussed: I like Torche. I like the new Tomahawk. I'm drinking water. I don't know anyone from Jawbreaker, but a friend of mine plays on an pick-up baseball team with their drummer. There's also a Minot, Maine, so being from Maine, our band name holds extra-special meaning for me.

Thank you to Joel, Lindsay, and everyone one of you for caring about our band. It means a lot.

Ben! You know a guy who plays baseball with the drummer from Jawbreaker?! That's amazing! haha
We might have to move to the Bay area...

Let us know if Coley hooks Tartufi up with an Athens show. We'll def head over to the show and say hi!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am 
MYLENE MAMA

Scorrs wrote:
Lindsay wrote:
Joel wrote:

- will you be touring to the southeast this year so we can set up a show and have you crash at HQ afterward?

^
This
??

I for one, would love to make this happen.

MAKE HAPPEN!!! =)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:01 am 
BAND MEMBER

Destiny's Child, nah bra. Beyonce, yah bra. I often wonder what the other girls from DC think about Beyonce's fame. Bet they wanna cut her face. But anyway, influences. Heavily into The Psychic Paramount right now, especially the newest II. The earlier releases are cool, but they went a bit overboard on the volume/gain overmastering. I also have been a long time disciple of Laddio Bolocko. Maserati's Inventions album and their Monoliths EP have been major factors for me. And going way back, I'd say Fugazi and Polvo were indispensible in my youth. -M[color=#00BF80][/color]

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 am 
BAND MEMBER

Scorrs wrote:
Lindsay wrote:
Joel wrote:

^
This
??

I for one, would love to make this happen.

In 2013 definitely. Maybe late Summer. Can't wait to head East of the Rockies again.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 am 
CHIEF SHEATH

Awesome! Let's get it booked up!

P.s. it looks like when I post from my phone my posts actually appear where they should and don't end up on the previous page? Wtf?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 am 
BAND MEMBER

Joel wrote:
Will the members of Minot please list their live gear set ups?

I play a Fender Jazz 5-string bass through: a tuning pedal; a semi-functional analog delay pedal that was left on my doorstep mysteriously; a Boss Super-Octave pedal; some gain/distortion/doubling pedal that someone made for a friend of mine, who subsequently gave it to me because she didn't like it; and a volume pedal. It all goes through a Mesa Boogie 400+ head into an Emperor 6x12 cabinet with Weber speakers.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 am 
CHIEF SHEATH

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am 
BAND MEMBER

While I have the chance, and because I believe these folks deserve attention, and I believe you guys would dig them, I'm going to link some bands that you should all check out:

Silian Rail: http://silianrail.bandcamp.com/
Tartufi (shameless): http://tartufi1.bandcamp.com/
Kowloon Walled City: http://kowloonwalledcity.bandcamp.com/
Tigon: http://tigonkills.bandcamp.com/
Birds & Batteries: http://music.birdsandbatteries.com/
Angry Gods: http://music.crippledsound.net/album/co ... distortion
Sands: http://music.sandscali.com/

These guys are all family in one way or another, to one or all of us in Minot. I hope you find something you like.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 am 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

BenMinot wrote:
Joel wrote:

I play a Fender Jazz 5-string bass through: a tuning pedal; a semi-functional analog delay pedal that was left on my doorstep mysteriously; a Boss Super-Octave pedal; some gain/distortion/doubling pedal that someone made for a friend of mine, who subsequently gave it to me because she didn't like it; and a volume pedal. It all goes through a Mesa Boogie 400+ head into an Emperor 6x12 cabinet with Weber speakers.

Nice! Do like those Mesa heads. I attempt to play a Fender Jazz 4 string myself, but it is an abortion, my playing ability. Shame that such a beautiful axe is resigned to having my useless hands caressing it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Old News and Preorders