Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Old News and Preorders

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Minot 7" Preorder!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Thanks man! We are only too excited and honored to be part of the Sheath. I'm very glad you found the Glossary of Terms on the Minot website as well. Those are fun. As for Torche, FMTM toured with them for a month -- ultra nice dudes -- but I'll agree, I didn't think much of them as a live show... but their albums keep getting better and better - the newest one is SIKH! I guess they're just growing on me. Not as much as the new Baroness record though. I know all those bands are way heavier than us, but I think all 3 of us are suckers for heavy music that's good.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 pm 
BAND MEMBER

OH, BTW, we are in fact named after Minot, ND. That was the shitty little town that my family lived in before I was born. I was conceived there. I've always despised the town and ND as a whole, but there's something about that name that I've always liked. It sounds like a Star Wars droid. Anyway, we added the O with the spikes, 1. because it looks cool and 2. so that it looks more like a bandname and less like a shitty town in ND. Apologies to anyone who likes/enjoys Minot, ND.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 pm 
SHEATH CREW

out of curiosity, what are some of your musical influences that we might not be able to pick up just from listening to the band as a whole?

edit: i ask this as a bass player into black/doom metal and post-rock/metal who always ended up playing in top-40 sounding bands because it was more fun to me than playing the genres i enjoyed listening to.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 pm 
BAND MEMBER

wizzi wrote:
Passive wrote:
I think I'm the one person that doesn't really like Torche, I've tried getting into them, seen them live a bunch of times, but still don't really like them too much :(

nope, i'm the other dude who doesn't like 'em. they do absolutely NOTHING for me. we can be anti-Torche-bros :lol:

oh, and hey there Minot dudes! where's the beer!?

Well, I just made myself a Dirty Martini. And I'll be the Torhce lover here. Also been digging on this new Tomahawk record.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 pm 
BAND MEMBER

Lindsay wrote:
Joel wrote:
Question for the Minot dudes:

- will you be touring to the southeast this year so we can set up a show and have you crash at HQ afterward?

^
This
??

I'm hoping that Minot gets out there at some point in the next year. I'll be heading there with my other band, Tartufi, in April.

I'm going to try to catch up on all of the other things that have already been discussed: I like Torche. I like the new Tomahawk. I'm drinking water. I don't know anyone from Jawbreaker, but a friend of mine plays on an pick-up baseball team with their drummer. There's also a Minot, Maine, so being from Maine, our band name holds extra-special meaning for me.

Thank you to Joel, Lindsay, and everyone one of you for caring about our band. It means a lot.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm 
BAND MEMBER

I just posted something, but it ended up on a previous page. I think I broke your message board and/or the Internet. Apologies.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 pm 
MYLENE MAMA

Scorrs wrote:
wizzi wrote:
Passive wrote:
I think I'm the one person that doesn't really like Torche, I've tried getting into them, seen them live a bunch of times, but still don't really like them too much :(

nope, i'm the other dude who doesn't like 'em. they do absolutely NOTHING for me. we can be anti-Torche-bros :lol:

oh, and hey there Minot dudes! where's the beer!?

Well, I just made myself a Dirty Martini. And I'll be the Torhce lover here. Also been digging on this new Tomahawk record.

I'm enjoying a Stongbow and Joel is enjoying a Happy Ending... ahem! not from me...an imperial stout by Sweet Water. ;)

Oh, and we both are major Torche fans :P

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm 
I WILL MODERATE YOUR ASS!

I love Torche I think the last time they were here with Converge I was the only one losing my mind up front. I probably scared them away from AR forever.

I need an awesome stout to enjoy with you guys!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm 
BAND MEMBER

wizzi wrote:
out of curiosity, what are some of your musical influences that we might not be able to pick up just from listening to the band as a whole?

edit: i ask this as a bass player into black/doom metal and post-rock/metal who always ended up playing in top-40 sounding bands because it was more fun to me than playing the genres i enjoyed listening to.

For me, The Flaming Lips have always been a huge influence on the way I think about drum parts and the way they fit (or don't fit) under and through bass and guitars. And this, coming from a drummer who admittedly loves to overplay.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm 
SHEATH CREW

Lindsay wrote:
I'm enjoying a Stongbow and Joel is enjoying a Happy Ending... ahem! not from me...an imperial stout by Sweet Water.

i just finished a New Belgium Abbey. wasn't very impressed :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Old News and Preorders